Stop the Bleed continues to empower the general public to make a difference in a life-threatening emergency by teaching them the basic techniques of bleeding control.
During Stop the Bleed training, you will learn how to:
- Determine if an area is safe for you to proceed toward a victim to provide assistance
- Identify any nearby tools to assist you such as a publicly placed bleeding control kit or everyday items that can be used to control bleeding.
- Use your hands to apply direct pressure at the site of the wound to stop bleeding
- Pack a deep wound with cloth or gauze to control bleeding
- Correctly apply a tourniquet to an injured limb to stop bleeding
- Keep the victim calm until help arrives
To register for a free class at NC State, visit REPORTER and select the date that best works for you!