The Flu is a contagious respiratory disease caused by different strains of viruses. Flu viruses spread from person to person when people who are infected cough or sneeze. Adults may be able to infect others 1 day before getting symptoms and as long as 5 days after getting sick.
Take the initiative and get your flu shot today at the Student Health Center or at one of the clinics around campus.
Faculty and Staff take advantage of these steps to schedule your flu shot today!
Employees may schedule an appointment for themselves and any covered family member. Each family member must be registered individually.
- Go to Maxim Healthcare Services (BCBSNC vendor)
- Select the “Sign-up Now!” button
- When prompted with the question: “Do you already have an existing BioIQ account? click:
- New Users: Click “No, this is my first time”, Fill out demographic information and create username and password
- Returning Users: Click “Yes I do!”, Enter username and password from the previous year
- When prompted enter your Invitation Code: NCSU2019
- Select your preferred appointment location, date, and time
We will make every effort to accommodate Walk-In’s at each of our campus clinics this year. However, please note that appointments will have priority and vaccination supplies are not guaranteed for Walk-In’s. To ensure you will receive a flu shot, please schedule an appointment using the above instructions.
What do I need to bring?
- State Health Plan Medical Insurance Card: You must bring your State Heath Plan Insurance Card to the campus clinic to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
- Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Flu Vaccination Consent Form: Save time by completing your flu vaccination consent form online. Two (2) completed copies of this form must be printed and turned-in at the clinic. Carbon copies will be available on-site for those who do not complete prior.
- BCBSNC Consent Form – This form is for all active employees and dependents on the plan. Members of eligible BCBSNC plans should also complete this form.
- Medicare Consent Form- This form should be completed only by retirees enrolled in an eligible Medicare Advantage Plan or individuals with Medicare as their primary form of coverage. (United Health Care Advantage Plans do not qualify, see below for more information)
Students take advantage of these dates and information for the following flu shot clinics around campus!
At the Student Health Pharmacy without an appointment:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Make an appointment (STUDENTS ONLY) at Student Health online at healthypackportal or by calling 919.515.2563!
You will need to present a copy of your insurance card and your student ID when seen. Student Health Services accepts the following insurance plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, Student Blue,Tricare and United Healthcare. Students with other insurance plans will have $25.00 charged to their university student account.
For more info on the flu vaccine and how to protect yourself visit the CDC’s flu website.
|Thursday. Nov 21||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||Jordan Hall 1214|
|Wednesday, Dec 4||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||Nelson Hall 3220|
|Wednesday, Jan 15||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||Broughton Hall 3217|
|Wednesday, Feb 5||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||Convocation Center|
|Wednesday, Feb 19||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||University College Rm TBD|