Hand hygiene is an effective way to get rid of germs and also prevent yourself from getting sick during the holidays. National Hand Washing Awareness Week promotes awareness of keeping away germs! Share these tips with your family, friends, classmates, and coworkers to help them stay healthier, one hand wash at a time.
Principles of Hand Awareness
- Wash your hands when they are dirty and BEFORE eating.
- DO NOT cough into your hands.
- DO NOT sneeze into your hands.
- Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Resources for Hand Washing Week
- Center for Disease Control’s Life is Better with Clean Hands campaign- motivates adults to make clean hands part of their daily routine
- Henry the Hand Foundation sponsors National Hand Washing Awareness Week– promoting hand washing in your facility
- The Global Hand Washing Partnership promotes Global Hand Washing Day in October but has resources all year round to increase awareness