Hand sanitizer, face coverings and face shields are available for campus.
Face Covering information
Everyone at NC State is required to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth when in campus buildings and outside with at least 6 feet of distancing. Face coverings are in addition to, not a substitution for, physical distancing, hand hygiene and staying home when sick.
- Each college and unit received face coverings. The supply was determined by the number of faculty, staff and students in each college and unit. Individual requests for face coverings should only for emergency needs. Replacement stock is available upon request.
- Each person may be given 5 masks to rotate and use over approximately two months. Although these are disposable face coverings, care and rotated wearing can extend the life of the mask. Review this video and handout for specific information.
- For college pick up locations, read more.
Hand sanitizer is available in 1 gallon containers, with a pump dispenser. The item may be dispensed into smaller containers or as an independent sanitation station. The product is >80% ethanol and liquid (not gel or foam) and is not suitable for all wall mounted or stanchion based, touch-less dispensers. Hand sanitizer is one element of good hand hygiene, but does not replace proper hand washing.
- Hand sanitizer requests are limited to 2 gallons per request.
- Replacement requests can be submitted monthly.
- Each department or unit should designate a location to place the sanitizer for public use or for refilling existing containers/dispensers.
- Plan for at least 2 business days for requests to be approved and available for pick-up/delivery. For immediate needs, email email@example.com for assistance.
The use of the face shield is intended as additional protection to a face covering for this purpose, not an alternative to a face covering. A face shield does not provide the same level of community protection as a face covering.
In addition, for lab use where a face shield is necessary for protecting face against chemical or biological splash, UV radiation, or impact, an ANSI Z87.1 approved and labeled reusable face shield would be needed. Face shields shall be worn over the top of eye protection. See: https://safety.honeywell.com/