Spring Workforce and Operations Plans
In preparation for return to campus operations in January 2021, units and colleges will update their Pack Ready Plans with service and workforce plans (see this Campus Memo dated November 24, 2020). This plan review is to prepare for campus opening, to facilitate timely business processes, student support and overall university mission. Supervisors will follow university community standards, building occupancy and density guidelines, COVID health and safety practices to achieve on campus objectives, and general public health guidance when preparing plans to achieve objectives of the college or unit.
For more information, review the Frequently Asked Questions that have been received.
This planning guide provides additional information for your use during this update – Spring 2021 Pack Ready Refresh Plan – Process Guide
Preparing your unit’s workforce planning for on campus operations for the spring semester requires attention to:
- Flexible workforce planning, scheduling and rotation
- Personnel needs
- Physical work setting requirements to ensure physical distancing
- Prioritization of work activities
- Service required to fulfill mission and work expectations for the business objectives
- NC State Guidelines for Space and Occupancy – Guidance on occupancy and density in campus facilities, including offices, classrooms, laboratories and more.
- Workplace and Space Layouts – Examples of appropriate spacing in various settings.
- Guidelines: Addressing Symptomatic or Presumed Positive Individuals in your campus setting – Step by step instructions.
- Special Circumstances Request Form – To request an exception or special circumstance considerations regarding COVID testing, safety, employment and accommodations.
- Large Vehicle Use Protocol and Recommendations – Use of large capacity vehicles during COVID-19 impacted operations requires use case consideration and guidance.
- Return to work onsite – University Human Resources information.
- All planning should be coordinated through department leadership. Department heads and unit associate vice chancellor/associate vice provost levels can review and provide clarifications before submitting plans for final approval.
- All plans require the final approval of the college Dean or the unit Vice Chancellor/Vice Provost. Plans will be electronically routed for approvals by EMMC.
- Once unit/college plans are approved, a letter will be sent to the plan approver and by copy, the HR lead or other identified points of contact for that unit planning. Additional communication information will be included that should be shared with unit/college employees.
Return to campus resources include:
- Return to onsite work checklist for Supervisors – supervisors use this template to prepare staff, facilities and operations
- Return to onsite work checklist for Employees – employees use this checklist to prepare to return to campus for work
- COVID-19 Testing expectations for Spring 2021
- Training – Returning to Campus Operations Training will be shared in REPORTER. (available January 2021)
Training is required for all employees, regardless of work location for spring semester. Employees (including student employees) have 30 days to complete the training.
- Working@NC State Resources and Documents