Use these tips to prepare yourself for the holiday season and the porch pirates trying to steal your Christmas!
- Large displays of holiday gifts should not be visible through windows and doors of your home.
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your vehicle because this creates a temptation for thieves; put your things in the trunk or out of sight.
- Track Your Package so that you know when it is expected to arrive at your house. If you are scheduled to be elsewhere like work or school then schedule a time for it to arrive at your house.
- Ask a neighbor to pick up your package for you if you cannot schedule a time where you will be available.
- If you are able to, send your package to work. Since you will most likely be there during the day this is a great option for receiving holiday packages.
- If there is an option require a signature then check that box. It will ensure that you have to be home to collect the package.
Make It Look Like You Are At Home
This is good common sense, regardless of whether or not you’re expecting a package. Lights going on and off inside a home will help keep burglars from not only stealing what’s sitting on your porch
but also from breaking into your home. Channel your inner favorite Home Alone character and leave on a light or utilize your security system if you can’t!
Utilize the Amazon or UPS lockers
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Shop as usual and select what locker you want to pick your package up from at check out. After you receive your pickup code, go to the locker to collect your package! This will save you from having a package stolen by porch pirates!